Most people paint leadership to be a beautiful thing where the leader has all the privileges and in some cases; the leader bad.
I have had a fair share of being in positions and most of the time here’s what boiling in my heart (might be same for all leaders)
- Do they think I’m a superhuman who doesn’t have needs too?
- I could be a dictator but this is a means to hear/air your thoughts and views.
- Now I’m a dictator, why are you annoyed?
- You don’t think I thought before bringing this idea?
- I can’t do all this on my own! We receive the glory!
Being an elected leader amongst Nigerian youths can be killing (moral, esteem, self, physical), but what can one do when your heart is so big?